The Harrison School District, along with the Harrison Police Department and Fire Department, responded to yet another bomb threat this afternoon at the Harrison Junior High School.
Harrison Assistant Police Chief Sam Martin describes the manner in which the threat was discovered:
Harrison Fire Department Chief Marc Lowery explained the role the Harrison Fire Department has played in the recent bomb threats:
Chief Lowery also told KHOZ.com that North Arkansas Regional Medical Center was aware of the situation and on standby in the event a medical response was necessary:
Assistant Chief Martin stated the buildings at the Junior High were searched and cleared, but the students would be kept at their current, safe location until after the indicated time of the threat had passed:
This is the fourth bomb threat the Harrison School District has received in the last week. The first threat was found last Tuesday morning and the second threat was found Friday, both at the Harrison High School. The third threat was found yesterday morning at the Harrison Junior High School. All four threats were discovered as notes indicating that a bomb was planted on school property and the bomb would be detonated at a certain time.
Martin said a student was arrested in connection to the bomb threat received yesterday at the Junior High School, but the student’s name could not be released due to their juvenile status. All four threats remain under investigation and are being taken very seriously by the Harrison School District and the Harrison Police Department.