Arkansas Releases Unemployment Figures for October
By: Wayne Powell
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2012
The Arkansas Department of Workforce Services recently released unemployment figures for October in that state including county totals. Statewide, the unemployment rate was 7.2% for the month which is a 0.1% increase from the month before. That mimics the national unemployment rate that increased 0.1% to 7.9% for the month.
- Baxter County’s unemployment rate rose by 0.2% to 6.8%
- Boone County’s rate rose by 0.1% to 6.1%
- Carroll County’s remained the same at 4.2%
- Marion County’s rate rose by 0.4% to 7.3%
- Newton County’s rate rose by 0.8% to 7.3%
- Searcy County’s rate rose by 0.4% to 7.0%.