North Arkansas Regional Medical Center’s bi-monthly blood drive is Thursday, January 17th, 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. in Conference Room A, located near the North Entrance at NARMC.
It takes just a little of your time to give someone else the gift of a lifetime.
Each pint of donated blood can help save three people’s lives! If you’re healthy, 17 or older, and weigh 110 pounds or more, you may be eligible to give blood. Ninety-seven percent of us will need blood some time in our lifetime if we live to be at least 72 yrs. old, but only about five percent of the population actually donates. Please be a part of that special five percent who donate, and encourage others to do the same.
Morning of Blood Drive:
EAT! EAT! EAT! If you’re one of those who are preparing to make a life-giving donation, you should plan to eat breakfast. Well-fed donors are the best blood donors; you will feel better if you eat! Congratulations to all those who will donate life-giving blood today. What you do today may mean a tomorrow for a sick or injured person. Thanks to all donors for sharing the gift of life! Please remember to eat and bring photo identification. The blood drive will begin at 9:00 a.m.in NARMC’s Conference Room A.
The American Red Cross is pleased to offer the opportunity to schedule blood donation appointments using their online scheduling system. In just a few easy steps, you can set up a profile and schedule your appointment to give blood. Scheduling your appointment will lessen your wait time and you will receive an email reminder prior to your scheduled appointment time, including directions and other important information.
· Visit redcrossblood.org and click “Make a Blood Donation Appointment.” Then, locate a blood drive using your zip code.
· Once you locate NARMC’s Blood Drive, click on the link to schedule your appointment to donate.
· If you are a first-time user, click on “Create a Profile.” It takes only a couple of minutes and you can use your profile to book future blood donation appointments.
· After you create your profile, or if you already have a profile, log in using your email address and date or birth.
· Select your blood drive and then pick the donation time most convenient for you.
· Click schedule and you are all set!
On behalf of the hospital patients, their friends and families, the American Red Cross commends and appreciates Boone County for doing its part every year in donating hundreds of whole blood units toward saving lives.
For more information on blood donation visit www.redcross.org